Ms. Goscinski recommends the following websites for additional information about appraisers and appraising. Although she is a Senior Member of the prestigious American Society of Appraisers, she is not affiliated with any of the other organizations.
- American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers Professional organization for providers of management, valuation, and consulting services on agricultural and rural assets.
- American Society of Appraisers Multidiscipline, international membership organization fosters professional excellence through education, accreditation, publication and other services.
- The Appraisal Foundation Composed of other organizations -- there are no individual members -- The Appraisal Foundation's primary mission is to establish, improve, and promote the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (see below).
- The Appraisal Institute Organization dedicated to real estate appraisal education, publishing, and advocacy.
- Appraisal Subcommittee, Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council Comprehensive information about the Federal oversight system regarding licensed or certified real estate appraisers.
- Inman News News features for the real estate industry.
- International Association of Assessing Officers Educational and research association of individuals in the assessment profession and others with an interest in property taxation.
- National Association of Independent Fee Appraisers A professional association of real estate appraisers providing accreditation, education, and standards.
- New York State Division of Licensing Services: Real Estate Appraiser Real estate appraisers are licensed by the individual states. The Division of Licensing Services handles this in New York.
- Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice The code of ethics written by the Appraisal Foundation (see above) and authorized by Congress as the source of appraisal standards and appraiser qualifications.
- What's It Worth A Consumer's Guide To Appraisal And Selecting An Appraiser by the Appraisal Foundation. [PDF]
From Ms. Goscinski's Bookshelf
- Appraisers' Liability: Volume I, 5th Edition by Mark Lee Levine et al. (CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, 2014)
- Appraising the Appraisal: The Art of Appraisal Review, 2nd Edition by Richard C. Sorenson (Appraisal Institute, 2010)
- Are You Getting Screwed On Your Property Taxes? How To Find Out and How To Fix It! by Patricia Quintilian Esq. (Lightbearers Publishing, 2010)
- Double Your Profits: Marketing Ideas, Strategies and Tactics for Real Estate Appraisers by Dusan Varga (Kindle: Pink ZebraLion Marketing, 2014)
- How to Become a Real Estate Appraiser by Sharon P. Carson (Sharon P. Carson, 2014)
- Keys to Investing in Real Estate: Volume 1, 5th Edition by Jack P. Freidman Ph.D. CPA & Jack C. Harris Ph.D. (Barron's Educational Series, 2010)
- Real Estate Appraisal, 7th Edition by Joseph F. Schram (Rockwell Publishing, 2014)
- Real Estate Appraisal From A to Z - Expert Real Estate Advice by Guy Cozzi (Kindle, 2011)
- Real Estate Appraisal Principles and Procedures,4th Edition by Levin P. Messick & William Pivar Walt Huber (Educational Textbook Company Inc., 2012)
- Real Estate Appraiser Exam Secrets Study Guide by Exam Secrets Test Prep Team (Mometrix Media LLC, 2013)
- Real Estate Principles, 11th Edition by Charles J. Jacobus (South-Western Educational Publishers, 2009)
- Real Estate Principles and Practices Paperback, 8th Edition by Arlyne Geschwender (South-Western Educational Publishers, 2009)
Arleen E. Goscinski, ASA, New York State Certified Real Estate Appraiser
New York City, Queens, Nassau, Suffolk New York Real Estate Appraisals
149 Ketay Drive South East Northport, NY 11731-5031
Phone: 631-368-0519 Fax: 631-486-6360