Ms. Goscinski recommends the following websites for additional information about appraisers and appraising. Although she is a Senior Member of the prestigious American Society of Appraisers, she is not affiliated with any of the other organizations.
From Ms. Goscinski's Bookshelf
- The Art of Real Estate Appraisal: Dollars and Cents Answers to Your Questions William L. Ventolo, et al, 1992.
- Basic Real Estate Appraisal Richard M. Betts, et al, 1997.
- Challenge Your Taxes: Homeowner's Guide to Reducing Property Taxes James E. A. Lumley, 1998.
- Essentials of Real Estate Economics Dennis J. McKenzie, et al, 1996.
- Exam Preparation for Residential Appraiser Certification William F. Rayburn (Editor), 1992.
- Fundamentals of Real Estate Appraisal William L. Ventolo, et al, 1998.
- Income Property Appraisal Jeffrey D. Fisher, et al, 1991.
- Questions and Answers to Help You Pass the Real Estate Appraisal Exams Jeffrey D. Fisher, et al, 1994.
- Residential Real Estate Appraisal George H. Miller, et al, 1997.
- Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice Dennis Tosh, et al, 1999.
Another source of information about appraisals and appraising, are the free files in Ms. Goscinski's email autoresponder Library. You are welcome to request a catalog by
Arleen E. Goscinski, ASA, New York State Certified Real Estate Appraiser
New York City, Queens, Nassau, Suffolk New York Real Estate Appraisals
149 Ketay Drive South East Northport, NY 11731-5031
Phone: 631-368-0519 Fax: 631-486-6360